This is a lot later than planned as there has been so much to photograph and write up, but I’m excited to finally share with you all of the amazing goodies I will be putting up for auction over on Instagram tomorrow, Saturday 16 July, to raise money for The Brain Tumour Charity: The Michael Barry Fund!
First up, some rules for how the auction will work:
- The auction will start from 6pm on Saturday 16 July, and bids are open until 9pm on Sunday 17 July.
- All listings will be posted on instagram.com/smileandmakesale
- All money raised will go directly to The Brain Tumour Charity: The Michael Barry Fund.
- To bid on an item, please comment on the picture giving the amount of your bid. No need to include an email address, as I will contact the highest bidders to arrange payment by direct message once the auction has closed.
- Opening bids will be £5 for each listing, unless otherwise stated. This is to generate interest and give everyone a chance to bid, but please remember all of the items are worth far more than this, and all of the money will go to The Brain Tumour Charity, so please be generous!
- Please bid in increments of £1 – no pennies!
- Where the listing is for a bundle of more than one item, you are bidding for all of the items shown.
- UK bidders only for this auction – sorry to any international friends!
- Postage costs will be added to your final bid, and will be detailed on each listing.
- I will send a direct message to the highest bidder after the auction closes to arrange payment. Payment must be made within 24 hours, or I will revert to the next highest bidder.
- I will aim to post all items out within 7 days of the auction ending.
- And finally, please bid fairly and remember this is all for charity, so be nice to your fellow bidders!
That’s the serious stuff out of the way, now on to all the lovely goodies!
Clockwise from top left:
- Fox brooch by Tatty Devine – Opening bid £5, postage £3.75. This fantastic fox brooch in a rare colourway is a fabulous shade of orange, with jet black cabochon eyes. Measures 6.5 cm x 5 cm.
- Bespoke hand decorated letters by Spotty Daisy – Opening bid £5, postage £3.75. Handmade decorated letters to spell out any name or message up to 6 letters long, perfect for a nursery or bedroom, and can be made for a girl or boy’s name. In your choice of colourway, using a mix of patterned papers and decorations, such as daisies, roses and bows for a girl (as pictured), or boats, hot air balloons, trains, and planes for a boy. Letters measure approx. 10cm high. The letters are made from papier mache and are very lightweight, and will either stand or can also be wall mounted using sticky foam pads (not included).
- Flower Market themed Lucky Dip Club box (bottom two images) – Opening bid £5, postage £1.50. Here’s your chance to grab May’s sold out Lucky Dip Club box! The Flower Market themed box contains a Petal Power Tote Bag, Bloom Embroidered Sew-On patch and Prickly Pear Cactus Enamel Pin (all original illustrations by Sara R Rocha ), Packet of Seeds for Birds & Bees (Handmade by Paper Bea) and a Super Sunflower Happy Prop (Handmade by Hello Sunshine), and of course May’s edition of Girl Planet magazine! All packed up in a perfect pastel mailing box, delivered by unicorns!
- Dressmaking bundle by Tilly & The Buttons – Opening bid £5, postage £3.75. A bundle of dressmaking goodies including the Coco top & dress pattern, Bettine dress pattern and the brand new Marigold jumpsuit & trousers pattern – make yourself a whole new wardrobe!! Also included in the bundle is a DIY Dressmaker totebag, 2 sewing themed 32mm button badges reading “DIY Dressmaker” and “Sewing Is Good For You”, and an A5 notebook for planning out your next project, which reads “Sewing Schemes / Dressmaking Dreams” and has plain pages. The tote bag is strong and sturdy, made from 100% cotton canvas with long webbing handles, and a clever gusset and landscape style to make it extra roomy and perfect for fabric shopping! Measures 37 cm x 49cm x 10cm.
- Set of two Fiesta Shopper bags by Sun Jellies – Opening bid £5, postage £4.95. Meet Frida and Rita, two fabulous retro shoppers with contrasting white handles in vibrant colours inspired by Mexican folkart. Frida is orange and measures 45 x 49 x 16cm. Rita is red and measures 35 x 39 x 14cm. For both bags, the handles clip together, and they stand upright on a flat base. Made from 100% recyclable PVC.
- Cloud Collar & Let’s Go Fly a Kite Enamel Pin by Fairytale Collars – Opening bid £5, postage £1.50. Gorgeous handmade peter pan collar in a special one off twist on the popular cloud design, with a co-ordinating enamel pin. The collar is made out of blue felt with a cloud design featuring a glittery gold sun and multi coloured glittery raindrops, and ties with a rainbow ribbon bow. The pin is hard enamel and features a white cloud with a pastel coloured kite in lilac, lemon, mint green and pink, with matching ribbons on its tail.
- Handmade quilted pencil case by Very Berry – Opening bid £5, postage £1.50. Lovely handmade pencil case by my fellow Spode Studios resident Ali of Very Berry. Modern patchwork design in a variety of gorgeous patterns and colours, with a mustard yellow zip and lined in a contrast fabric. Patchwork design continues on the reverse side of the pencil case. Measures approximately 22cm x 11cm x 3cm. (Stationery not included – shown here for illustrative purposes!!)
- Crocodile Acrylic Necklace by Tea Party at the Zoo – Opening bid £5, postage £3.75. Meet Mr Crocodile, a fabulous lime green necklace which comes delightfully packaged in a quirky gift box. Crocodile measures approximately 9 cm x 4cm, with a chunky gold chain.
- Pretty party bundle by Paper Doily Party Shop – Opening bid £5, postage £1.50. Beautiful handmade party goodies in perfect pastel shades, for the prettiest tea party you’ll ever see! Including 12 glitter lemon heart cupcake toppers, 12 blue polka dot star cupcake toppers, silver glitter bow confetti sprinkles, multi pastel glitter flower confetti sprinkles and pink glitter circle confetti sprinkles.
- Sunflower brooch by Hello Sunshine – Opening bid £5, postage £1.50. A jolly sunflower acrylic and wood brooch in a bold and bright design. Laser cut and engraved wood and yellow acrylic, presented on a black plated brooch bar pin, in a branded gift box. Size approx. 45mm x 45mm x 4.5mm.
- Caboodle Magazine Subscription Bundle by Caboodle – Opening bid £5, postage £2.50. Subscription bundle of the fabulous independent bi-annual publication Caboodle, offering inspiration, attainable aspiration and information for those with a sense of adventure and a curious spirit. Filled with beautiful photography and illustrations along with exciting editorials and features, Caboodle is fun and colourful, with a sense of humour and optimistic nature. You will be sent the SS16 magazine (Issue 3 – as pictured) now, and will receive the AW16 edition (Issue 4) when it is released later this year, with some extra surprise goodies from the gorgeous Caboodle ladies! Issue 3 includes a whopping 160 pages of exciting features, craft tutorials, recipes, interiors, fashion, beauty and travel, bursting at the seams with fun! Designed to be a beautiful keepsake, to be displayed on bookshelves and read again and again.
- Little Box of Baby Crochet – Opening bid £5, postage £3.75. Limited edition Little Box of Baby Crochet contains everything you need to make Mama Duck, her little finger puppet duckling and a beautiful garland of Baby Bunting, all in Soft Yellow and Natural yarn. The yarn is hand dyed Baby Alpaca from Eden Cottage Yarns, and the pattern designed by French designer AnisBe. The box includes a 2.5 MM. soft handled hook, the toy stuffing, a sweet handmade baby footprint stitch marker, made by Beth at Korutumi, a gorgeous handmade soap from Jane Maddern of Somerset, which contains natural ingredients and fragrances in a linen pouch and a cup of Pukka Well Woman Tea. Everything you need to put your feet up and spend a few pleasurable hours of crochet. There’s a little baby out there who’s going to love you for it. This all comes in a beautiful box with including extra tissue and sticker in case you want to make the trio then gift them to baby in the box.
- July’s Little Box of Crochet – Opening bid £5, postage £3.75. July’s edition of the monthly crochet subscription box, Little Box of Crochet. The box contains the pattern and yarn you need to make a small crochet project along with some crochet related treats, this month designed by Christa from @thecuriocraftsroom. Christa’s trademark feather designs are so vibrant and unique! Scroll the #littleboxofcrochet hashtag on Instagram for more sneak peeks of this month’s box.
- Colourful tassel necklace and set of yoga hairties by Zeta Emme – Opening bid £5, postage £1.50. Stunning handmade tassel necklace and matching set of yoga hairties, in an exclusive colour way designed by Zsuzsanna inspired by the colours of my Tip Top product range! Short tassel necklace with gorgeous blue, coral, yellow, turquoise and taupe tassels. Stunning on its own, as well as layered with other necklaces for a bohemian, colourful look. The chain is an etched aluminium chain in gold tone, tassel caps are gold plated. Length of chain 61 cm, length of each tassel 3.5cm, tassels are approx. 5cm apart. Set of 5 super comfy hair bobbles in the same colour palette. They contain no metal, so won’t do any harm to your hair, and ends are sealed to prevent fraying. Adult size, 14cm circumference unstretched.
- High as a Kite brooch by No-me Illustration & Design – Opening bid £5, postage £1.50. Lovely handmade kite brooch in bright neon and copper tones for a lovely sunny day! Based on an original illustration which is then laser cut into birch plywood, hand painted with acrylic and copper leaf and finally varnished. The brooch measures 2cm in width and 8cm in height.
- Mega craft kit bundle by The Make Arcade – Opening bid £5, postage £3.75. Fabulous bundle of modern craft kits by The Make Arcade. Including: (1) “You Are Brave” modern cross stitch kit, including all you need to stitch up this affirmative message in a 3” wooden hoop. (2) Felt cactus craft kit, including all the bits needed to make a DIY cactus from fabulous wool mix felt in a mini terracotta pot. (3) Watermelon pin cushion kit, including everything you need to stitch up this jazzy felt watermelon to keep track of your pins! And (4) – a colourful rainbow of heart pins to help you with your projects.
- 2 Tickets to Kirstie Allsopp’s The Handmade Fair – generously contributed by The Make Arcade. Opening bid £5, postage £1. 2 tickets to The Handmade Fair, which takes place at Hampton Court Palace from 16-18 September. The tickets give you access to the fair for one day only. Please note these tickets are entry only, but can be upgraded to full experience tickets for an extra £15 per ticket if you would like to attend the Super Theatre, Skills Workshop and Grand Make.
- Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Cushion by Nikki McWilliams – Opening bid £5, postage £4.95. A cushion inspired by everyone’s favourite wafery treat (and Michael’s extra special favourite). The cushion’s red stripes have been printed onto a beautiful gold-yellow cotton fabric, and then appliqued with it-s ice white cotton “Caramel” diamond. Measuring a generous 21” x 21” in size and backed with a rich red cotton. Fastening with a concealed zip on the reverse, with a removable cushion pad. Made from start to finish in the UK.
- Handmade Bowl and Tumbler by Amanda Banham Ceramics – Opening bid £5, postage £4.95. Handmade illustrated stoneware bowl and tumbler. Stoneware ceramic bowl screenprinted with a whimsical illustration and hand painted with mark making. Measuring approx. 17cm diameter and 3cm deep. With a stoneware ceramic tumbler screenprinted with a donkey illustration. Glazed grey on the inside. Measures approx. 9cm diameter and 7cm deep. All presented in an “Amanda Banham Ceramics” hand printed canvas tote bag.
- Flair Bundle of Enamel Pins by Punky Pins – Opening bid £5, postage £1.50. Up your pin game with this fabulous bundle of 5 enamel pins. Peanut Butter pin (approx 2.5cm x 1.5cm), Cute Fox pin (approx 2.5 x 1.5cm), Purple Heart Gem pin (approx. 2cm x 2cm), Doughnut Heart pin (approx 2.5cm x 2.5cm), Crystal Ball pin (approx. 2.5 x 1.5cm). All of the pins come mounted on Punky Pins backing cards. All made from silver toned metal with a butterfly clutch pin.
- Another Flair Bundle of Enamel Pins by Punky Pins – Opening bid £5, postage £1.50. As above.
- Original A3 Sunflower Gouache Painting by And Smile Studio – Opening bid £5, postage £3.75. Beautiful original artwork by And Smile Studio in her signature style painted in gouache, created especially for this auction. A lady at the flower market in a fabulous dress, hidden behind a huge bunch of sunflowers, Michael’s favourite flower.
- Jewellery Bundle 1 by Ladybird Likes – Opening bid £5, postage £1.50. The first of three jewellery bundles! Featuring sparkly silver heart collar clips, and a vintage fashion lady brooch. The pretty collar clips are perfect for adding a quirky twist to any collared shirt or dress or to your cardigan, just pin one heart to each side. Made from laser cut wood and finished with glitter hearts. Vintage fashion lady illustration brooch made by applying a fashion illustration from a vintage sewing pattern on to wood and then laser cut and sealed, and fastens with a brooch back.
- Jewellery Bundle 2 by Ladybird Likes – Opening bid £5, postage £1.50. The second of three jewellery bundles! Featuring a kitsch kitten brooch, “Live What You Love” keyring and blue bird brooch. Cat brooch made by carefully applying an image of a cute kitten with blue eyes and a matching blue bow on to wood and then laser cutting the piece. The brooch is then varnished for protection, before being attached to a silver coloured brooch back. “Live What You Love” circular keyring, laser cut and engraved in birch laminate to create a little reminder you can carry with you everywhere. And a pretty resin blue bird brooch to complete the bundle!
- Jewellery Bundle 3 by Ladybird Likes – Opening bid £5, postage £1.50. The third and final lot of three jewellery bundles! Featuring a blue butterfly necklace, an orange and blue butterfly brooch and a pale aqua bird brooch. The butterfly necklace and brooch are made by carefully applying a beautifully detailed vintage butterfly illustration on to wood and then laser cutting the piece, which is then varnished for protection, before being attached to a silver necklace chain / silver coloured brooch back. And a pretty aqua bird brooch to complete the bundle!
- Bundle of fabulous art and flair by Samantha Eynon – Opening bid £5, postage £1.50. Lovely bundle of illustrated goodies to brighten up your home and your outfits! “Boring People Have Tidy Houses” illustration print on matte paper, “Make Your Own Magic” watercolour print on watercolour paper, “You’re Doing OK” 3” woven patch with iron on backing, and limited edition Space Kitty pin based on an original illustration, 30mm wide with a clutch back and a hard glitter enamel.
- Liberty print handmade bowtie by Lauren Vickers Made in England – Opening bid £5, postage £3.75. Exquisite handmade bowtie by my fellow Spode Studios resident and neighbour Lauren Vickers. This bowtie is called the “Gregory” and is handmade in Betsy Ann Liberty tana lawn cotton. It is a pre-tied bow tie, with an adjustable slider strap to fix most sizes (12-18 inches) and a clip for removal without undoing the bow. Packaged in a vintage style gift box. Perfect for the dapper gent!
- £50 gift voucher for Bryony & Co – Opening bid £25. £50 gift voucher to spend at bryonyandco.com. Bryony & Co create unique colourful clothing for women and children with a playful adventurous side, and each dress comes with a story book. Fabulous border prints, colourful patterns, fluffy petticoats and perfect cardis – so much to choose from! My absolute favourite dresses.
- Stationery and flair by Stitches & Stars – Opening bid £5, postage £1.50. A cheerful bundle of illustrated loveliness by Stitches & Stars. Featuring a “Dream Big!” A6 notebook with brown kraft card cover, “You Look Lovely” 58mm button badge, pack of 4 postcards with motivational typography and set of 6 25mm button badges featuring typography and colourful patterns.
- Vintage Cathrineholm Style Coffee Pot Brooch by You Make Me Design – Opening bid £5, postage £3.75. A fun statement brooch in the shape of a vintage Cathrineholm-style enamel coffee pot with lotus pattern. Laser cut layered blue acrylic with hand in-filled painted detail. Base layer is transparent. Measures approximately 57mm x 50mm x 6mm. Packaged in a snazzy You Make Me gift box!
- Pretty pastel bundle by Tiny Grey Cat – Opening bid £5, postage £1.50. Gorgeous bundle of pretty pastel illustrated goodies by Tiny Grey Cat. A5 lined paper notebook with sprinkle print cover (inside & out!). Enamel pin inspired by the Polly Pocket aqua green seashell case, in hard enamel, 1 inch diameter with rubber clutch back. And a matching pastel patch inspired by the teeny tiny Polly Pocket doll, 80mm high with an iron-on backing.
- Sunshine Flowers & Smiles Floral Print – designed especially for this auction by my very talented friend. Opening bid £5, postage TBC. A digital print based on an original watercolour floral painted border with a mix of colourful flowers, surrounding a hand lettered quote to brighten up your day! Approximately A3 size.
- Let Today Be Blooming Lovely Floral Print – designed especially for this auction by my very talented friend. Opening bid £5, postage TBC. A digital print based on an original watercolour floral painted rose border, surrounding a hand lettered quote to brighten up your day! Approximately A3 size – measures 48.2cm X 32.8cm
- You Are Blooming Lovely Pastel Watercolour Print – designed especially for this auction by my very talented friend. Opening bid £5, postage TBC. A digital print based on an original watercolour pastel striped backdrop, featuring a hand lettered quote to brighten up your day! Approximately A3 size.
- Stand Tall Like a Sunflower Floral Print – designed especially for this auction by my very talented friend. Opening bid £5, postage TBC. A digital print based on an original watercolour floral painted sunflower border, surrounding a hand lettered quote to brighten up your day! Approximately A3 size.
And finally… 2 tickets to see Billy Joel at Wembley on 10 September 2016– generously donated by the lovely Nancy (aka @avocadofairy). Opening bid £20, postage £2.50. Legendary musician Billy Joel will return to the UK for the first time since 2013 playing one show at Wembley Stadium. Here’s your chance to see him!
Can you believe how much awesome stuff there will be up for grabs? So you can treat yourself to something really lovely, whilst helping to raise lots of money for The Brain Tumour Charity: The Michael Barry Fund.
And now to say a humungous gigantic thank you to everyone who has so kindly contributed to the auction. Over the past month I’ve received a non-stop flow of beautiful parcels, all delightfully wrapped and containing gorgeous quirky goodies. I’ve been blown away by everyone’s generosity, especially since each and every contributor is either an independent business or someone lovely I know, and so any donation they have made is all the more appreciated. Most of all, in arranging this auction I have been constantly reminded just how incredibly lovely and extra specially kind people can be. So thank you and huge hugs to all of you!
See you all tomorrow for the auction!